Horror sound effects (1243)
We love recording and bringing you these free horror sound effects and if we’ve got a day free, we tend to gravitate to making more. This category features lots of horrible, disgusting and scary sounds, from eye watering bone breaks, blood and gut drips and splats to ghosts and evil laughter. If we told you the secret to how we make some of these sounds, you’d be shocked! That bone break is likely celery or some other root vegetable being snapped, crunched and broken. The blood drips… cornstarch mixed with water makes a great thick blood sound. Guts… pasta, rice and jelly. While often messy to record, it’s worth it. We spend a lot of time designing horror elements too, from dark, horrifying drones, dark ambiences and dungeons to huge cinematic hits, ideal for horror film trailers and movies. We’ve a great selection of monster sound effects too, including zombies, creatures, vocalisations, grunts, growls, groans and lots more. These are the perfect Halloween sound effects!
Consider upgrading to Gold and get:
- Quicker downloads - no more 10 minute wait after 3 sound downloads
- No more crediting us - removal of the attribution / credit link requirement
- Higher quality audio - download higher quality .wav and .mp3 files
- Extra sounds - 1000s of sounds exclusively for Gold members added weekly
- Expanded results - show more results per page (up to 100)
- Lists - organize our sounds into unlimited personalized lists
- Turn off ads - optional if you prefer not to see them
- Continuously updated library - new sounds added daily
- Monthly or yearly donation - cancel anytime
- Discount for educational facilities and multi-users/agencies
No thanks just give me the sound....
Basic members can only download 3 sounds every 10 minutes to save bandwidth
You can continue downloading in....
While you wait...
Please consider donating and upgrading for unlimited downloads, removal of the attribution requirement, get the orginal WAV files, thousands of extra sounds, hide ads, lists and more!
Donations help us keep the site growing and running!